Soothe sore patches on your baby’s skin with this herbal remedy.
To make 20 applications
- 1 tablespoon dried chickweed
- 1 tablespoon dried marsh mallow root
- 1 tablespoon dried comfrey root
- 1/8 teaspoon goldenseal powder
- 8 floz/225ml sweet almond oil
- 2 oz/60g beeswax
Combine all the ingredients except the beeswax in a medium-size saucepan. Cook over moderately low heat until soft — 5-10 minutes. Add the beeswax and stir over the heat until the beeswax melts completely. Then strain through cheesecloth into a small glass jar. Seal tightly and refrigerate until solid. Apply each time you change the baby’s nappy. It will keep for 2 months in a cool place.
Caution If the rash doesn’t disappear after 3-4 applications, consult your doctor as to whether or not to continue the treatment.